We have a new insurance policy as of November 1, 2010 through StarNet, a company that is “A+” rated by Best & Company.
The policy covers:
- Liability claims arising from injuries to participants (non-employee jockeys and exercise riders)
- Contractual liability (i.e. hold harmless in Race Track Stall Agreement)
- Premises and Operations liability - coverage for all equine operations including breeding, boarding, training and racing
- November 1st, 2011 to November 1st, 2012: The rate is $90.00 per horse (3 or more) subject to $180.00 minimum premium (1-2 horses) on an annual basis.
- After May 1st to November 1st, 2012: The rate is $50 per horse subject to $100 minimum premium.
Please visit the Lavin Insurance web site for the correct application. For more information, please direct all inquiries to Jennifer at Lavin Insurance at 1-800-446-3112.