The V Foundation for Cancer Research is the primary non-profit beneficiary of the 2011 Breeders’ Cup World Championships.
Fans may bid on the package or donate to the cause by calling 1-800-4JIMMYV.
The Breeders’ Cup World Championships package is as follows:
- Two (2) tickets in the exclusive Trophy Lounge at the Breeders’ Cup World Championships on Friday and Saturday, November 4th and November 5th, 2011 at Churchill Downs, Kentucky
- One (1) hotel room for three (3) nights over Breeders’ Cup weekend at an Official Breeders’ Cup Hotel
- Access to an Official Hospitality Center at a host hotel
- Transportation to and from the track on Friday and Saturday
- Two (2) tickets to the Winner’s Circle Welcome Party on Thursday, November 3rd
- Two (2) tickets to the Finish Line Celebration on Saturday, November 5th after the races
- Exclusive: “Meet & Greet” with 2010 Horse of the Year, Zenyatta, at Lane’s End Farm.
“We are proud to partner again with The V Foundation and their vital work to finding cures for cancer,” said Peter Rotondo, Vice President of Media and Entertainment for Breeders’ Cup Ltd. “We are equally thrilled that the Mosses have included a special visit with Zenyatta as a part of the travel package. Not only did she bring tremendous attention to the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, but she has also helped raise more than $50,000 since 2010 for The V Foundation through special merchandise sales and fans donating through ticket purchases to the event over the past two years.”
“Along with Lane’s End Farm, we are delighted to support The V Foundation and its tremendous endeavors to help people in need,” said Jerry Moss, who along with his wife, Ann, campaigned Zenyatta before she was retired last year. “Zenyatta thrilled millions throughout her brilliant career, and we are pleased that fans will have the opportunity to visit her and to benefit this important and worthy cause.”
Breeders’ Cup and Zenyatta are also making available to fans a limited edition glassware set featuring Zenyatta’s record achievements over the past years. A portion of each glassware purchase will go directly to The V Foundation. Each set, which contains three glasses, may be purchased through www.breederscup.com/charities.
The V Foundation has been the primary non-profit beneficiary of the Breeders’ Cup World Championships since 2009. During the past two years, the Breeders’ Cup has raised more than $350,000 through donations to The V Foundation, an organization founded by ESPN and the late Jim Valvano in 1993.