Information contained on the new site includes:
- Contact information for aftercare liaisons at all Alliance-accredited racetracks
- Interactive aftercare organization map showing facilities by state
- Links to educational aftercare articles
- Resources available to aftercare organizations, including grants and funding, gelding clinics, legal document templates, and a listing of national/regional organizations and associations.
- Best practices for racetracks and aftercare organizations
- Video library of Alliance Professional Education Seminar aftercare presentations
- Event calendar
- Aftercare news and success stories
Aftercare facilities are able to sign up at the site to have their facility listed, and to have their events listed on the site’s calendar.
“This new site will provide solid, practical information—for both prospective and current adopters—on funding options, second-career possibilities for Thoroughbreds and many other relevant topics,” said Mike Ziegler, Executive Director of the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance. “The site is targeted to anyone interested in getting involved with horses after their careers on the track are over.”
The NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance focuses on human and equine safety and wagering security. Information on the Alliance, including the Alliance Code of Standards, can be found at www.NTRAalliance.com.
The Honorable Tommy G. Thompson, former four-term Governor of Wisconsin and U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services, serves as independent counsel of the Alliance.